Please scroll right down to visit some other sites that may interest you.


Monday 15 February 2010

GUESS WHO?

John Prescott

I still have my kidney stone and that means I am still tanked up on painkillers. The Consultant has assured me that there is a 95% chance the stone will clear itself within a few days. In the meantime I am enjoying the pills and the sleep they induce.

In my experience one should never feel sorry for oneself when entering hospital because you are bound to meet someone in there who is in a worse state than you. This was the case with me. There was a chap in our bay who had come direct from Harefield Hospital. He has genetic heart problems. He had attended a routine clinic in Harefield and woke up 3 months later. During that time his heart stopped and he was technically dead. They gave him a new heart. He then suffered a stroke that paralysed him, including his speech. Then as if that was not enough his kidneys weakened and almost killed him. He has persevered and he can now walk a little. He re-learned how to read and speak. But he is still working on his writing. He is only 40. He has a delicious sense of humour and we teamed up a bit.

What resonated with me was his wife. When she arrived to take him home. She gave him a piercing look of love. Her face did not register sympathy, sorrow or pity. It was love. So, you see he is a very lucky man.

The above is a picture that I stole borrowed from the Mail. The person is famous. Can you guess who he is?

 

16 comments:

  1. Evening all.

    Bet the bloke in the picture wished he looked like that now. What a few pies will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello JH, your thought-provoking story was interesting. As the saying goes 'there is always someone else worse off than yourself'. Glad you are back in the land of the living. Not much has been happening on the TOS site as I'm sure you have discovered.

    As for the picture above, I read the story on the Mail Online website so I know who it is!

    Will be back some time to join in the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who eat all the pies, who eat all the pies!! LOL:

    ReplyDelete
  4. from a lonelyhospital room I keep the incarceration tradition alive and well, lol. This is a brief note to let you know septic arthritis really,really hurts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jadedoldie

    I can only hope you find some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I should have guessed that you all would have already seen the picture of a young John Prescott.

    On reflection, my hospital story in may have been a little over the top; but no less sincere for that.

    I'm off to have a look at TOSblog now.

    Collen Nolan making eyes at Dan snow was very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jadedoldie,

    I wish you relief. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. jadedoldie dearest.

    Sorry to hear of you pain and discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JH I don't think your hospital story was over the top. I have been in hospital on several occasions and have always marvelled at the strength and tanacity of some people who have been dealt some pretty awful cards in life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an orthopaedic ward and there are sad stories here as many of the patients are elderly and confused (careful now). The hospital is closed to visitors due to Norovirus so the ppoor old souls are even more frighteneed and lonely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for good wishes, have just read last night's TOSblog, what the devil happened? Why is sky_viewer such a pompous prat? Is it juniperjewel moderating everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have just had a look at the TOS site and am dismayed that after the publication of post 59 by Sky Viewer, many of last nights posts have disappeared.

    I note with interest the subsequent post (60)by Flunk and don't think it will remain for long, so I copied it and paste it below:
    ---------------------------------------
    Post 60 by Flunklumpard

    My, my the mods have been busy with their deletions.

    Write out 100 times;

    Do not criticise certain bloggers. Make no passing comment, whether in jest or not, about anything related to a South London football club or its personnel.

    Perhaps if people in the public eye, who generate publicity quite deliberately to increase their profiles,came clean, then speculation would cease.

    I see that Sky Viewer is acting as policeperson (59) for the blog and surprise, surprise after post 59 went up, many posts disappeared. Work in the 'village' Sky Viewer?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The TOS site is becoming farcical with so many comments being moderated.

    It seems that people are complaining just for the sake of it, trying to prove some kind of point whatever that may be.

    What say you JH?

    ReplyDelete
  14. jaded, Sorry, I forgot to say in my last post, I hope you are not too distressed with your discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Justblogging, You 1106,

    I cannot overlook the possibility that skyviewer, juniperjewel & watchingone form a conspiracy with a purpose to disrupt TOSblog.
    I also suspect they are connected with the TOS. They are deleting blogs. They are a rather nasty piece of work. I am confident that they visit our site and have read our comments. Though they will never pluck up the courage to speak here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. JH 1334

    I agree. 'Watchingone's' response (66) to his/her post being removed is the most a--e licking garbage I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete