Please scroll right down to visit some other sites that may interest you.


Monday 18 January 2010

WHO NEXT?


Picture courtesy of astroplums
 
As astroplums suggests, it appears likely that AC and CB are leaving TOS.

I for one would  miss Christine. She works hard, she tries hard and is beginning to make the show her own. I believe she can handle the dynamics of a live show.  She frequently gets AC out of trouble

I will not miss AC. Unless he manages to find the strength or will or inclination to put some life into his performance. At present he flops across the show like a dead hand.

I suggest  a duo of male female would work best. With perhaps the male being the elder. They should be a close couple with a chemistry between them - or at least be able to fake it.

I cannot think of any names at the moment - except maybe Mathew Wright.

[Please do not leave me to be the only one suggesting changes it causes me to come across as pompous  - oops I'm getting sensitive in my old age].

14 comments:

  1. Highlandfling,

    I am confident that you are not being shutdown by the mods, and that there is a spoiler on TOSblog. The mods will be able to spot him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jadedoldie said...

    HF, do not stop blogging, don't let the cretin win, sooner or later they will move on to someone else.

    [Copied by me from previous header. JH]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stil think Mat Dawson would be a good all round presenter,he's charming, courteous, and interested in all aspects of life. I would not be able to recommend a female presenter, as apparently these days they have to be vapid, empty minded wags, and I am not able to tell the difference between the selection on offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JH

    I agree with you that Mathew Wright would suit posssibly with Mel Sykes. I could watch her all night with a pint of ale.

    Sourpuss and the Wag would be ok if they both put some more life into it. CB tries to humour him but it doesn't last long with AC. Dry would be fine with AC, but he has become parched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jadedoldie your #1813: For the female presenter how about Anne Widdecombe and keep AC. Now what a pair they would make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that Phil Tuffnell has been to my home town to do a piece on Van Gogh. Who taught in a school not far from where I live. Turner also lived in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Claudia Winkleman - but I'm sure it's for all the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JH, to throw AC to Anne Widdicombe would be my idea of a WONDERFUL show, but it wouldn't last the first half hour, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On a serious point about female presenters I would go for Fi Glover, sadly more a radio girl than telly. Used to be on Radio 5 now on Radio 4. She is as bright as a button. great wordly knowledge and fabulous sense of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOS tonight:

    TOS tackling Muslim extremism and all in the space of about 5 minutes. Wow, this one I have got to see. Panorama, Dispatches and Newsnight had better watch out. If it is anything like their recent Kaye Adams piece then here comes trouble. I bet BBC Complaints are poised and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mathew Wright has got my vote. Yummy.
    A great replacement suggestion for woodentop AC.
    Fi Glover a great suggestion, not an airhead.

    I see we still have, may I mention it, the beard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Muslim piece wasn't so bad and I was pleased with AC's reaction to the idiotic Jewish conspiracy theories.

    CB a bit too girlie with Dermot O'Leaary tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Noticed rentamob as back in force tonight.

    Not much to get the proverbial teeth into tonight. The blogs are very quiet. Perhaps it's part of the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love 'thewonshow' tonight when he got a bit carried away with the north/south divide.

    ReplyDelete